Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another Delta DQ admits her addiction

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:43 PM
From: FrostyStitcher
To: Pat, Chris
Cc: QuilterPeg, BuffaloGal

Ha..that is a good story Pat. I know what the lady at Maribeth's shop meant about eating the receipts. I have been doing that for years. Now I am much more exposed and it is dangerous... gives me nightmares.

First there is stash weeding
Here I have been sitting in my basement cleaning out and preparing for a yard sale (should the rain ever stop.) So I had gone through my stash and weeded things out 5 months ago...I tried to repackage and reorganize it all to look like less but I don't think I succeeded.

Looking at it all in boxes and tubs stacked against an entire wall of my basement, all visible and open for scrutiny.. feeling all exposed... okay.. maybe my husband is right. Maybe it is a bit much.

A DQ on line—Trying to sell? Or buy?
So now, I am being more ruthless and going through it again. Pulling out more that. The problem is of course that I will never get what I paid for most of it when I sell it. Unless I boldly jump on line and try it that way. Which I am seriously considering.

I sheepishly walk by it all when Bruce is around. He is right. I was/am obsessed.

Actually in all honesty, other than a few extra pieces for Eli's graduation quilt I have not darkened the door of a fabric shop in quite some time. I have really been good and controlled my spending.

Good thing too since we are now jobless! I know there are beautiful fabrics out there I just can't let myself look.

But she knows the way
It has been fun looking through these fabrics, touching them, remembering where I bought them, what my plans were for them, what can I do with them now... sigh, yard sale.

From the basement, FrostyStitcher
(Yes Chris this can be blogfodder)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home