Strawberry Quilt Show in 2007?
In 2007, Santiam Scrappers Quilt Guild, should hold...
- Strawberry Quilt Show
- Held annually
- During Lebanon's Strawberry Festival
- Pre show contests — Strawberry Quilt Challenge quilting contests end before quilt show.
- Show winners — Strawberry Court picks a Queens Strawberry Quilt winner at quilt show.
- a "Peoples Choice" Strawberry Quilt winners (1,2,3) chosen by votes during quilt show.
- Involve youth — Youth Strawberry Quilt quilting contests with local schools and Boys and Girls Club.
- Additional activities — Other Strawberry Quilt events and activities (idea source: Sue Davis and the activities she had at Strawberry Patches Quilt Shop)
- Invite other Oregon guilds — Strawberry Quilt entries from other quilt guilds (by invitation.)
- Expand SSQG activities — Consider related Strawberry Quilt community service quilt promotions.
- Make money — Adult entrance fee... $2-$3.
- Make money — Small Strawberry Quilt Silent Auction... Set some quilts with “Buy It Now” prices.
- Make money — Have vendors.
- Promote year round — Place winners in Linn County Fair.
- Promote year round — Put on guild cards, newsletters, brochures, press releases, guild email signatures
- Market — Do marketing. Have an informal marketing plan.
- Market Strawberry Quilt — This is main promotion term.
- Make it unique and special — Strawberry Quilt Show.
- Use local promotion — Hold during Strawberry Festival but make it the Strawberry Quilt Show.
- Consider joint promotions — Joint Strawberry Quilt Show – Strawberry Festival drawing
- Do it NOW — Begin basic promotion now. Details added as they evolve. Begin now!