Monday, May 08, 2006

Learning to blog in spite of my resistance!

LEBANON & SISTERS, OREGON... Chris is still trying to convince me that I can do this. He just spent 15 minutes explalning how the comments work and the difference between the blog (by the three people authorized to blog on my site) and the comments. Now I know what to watch for and I will make sure the comments don't automatically go to junk mail.

I have always found writing stuff, papers for school, articles for news letters and even letters, a time consuming chore. Making them interesting takes me a long time and lots of editing. In one more attempt to make him happy, I will try to do a little blogging. I would rather be quilting or most any other thing.

Had a haircut this morning and I feel so much better. It was just long enough to drive me crazy. I have been wearing it pretty short for a couple of years now. I know Chris doesn't like it but all my friend think it makes me look a lot younger. I like it because it is cool. During the summers here I really feel the heat and the short hair keeps me cooler.

I have been trying to be and get more organized in my quilt shop (ACQG) downstairs. With so many of my friends using the sewing room I tend to ignore it when stuff doesn't get put away. So these are my goals for the next week or two. 1) sort out one box daily and put way or throw away everything. 2) put things away when I switch projects. 3) Keep acqc cleaned up!

Quilting Retreat to Sisters Area

10 women, lots of good food, laughter and sewing! What more could we ask for? How about a Quilter's Shop Hop! We found out a few days before leaving for our retreat that there was a Shop Hop in the area. Six of us visited 10 quilt shops in 7 towns. We didn't receive any phone calls about winning any of the many prizes but it was great fun. Each of the shops gave us a Fat Quarter and free pattern and several had notion demonstrations. They also had refreshment for us and beautiful quilts to look at and of course, lots of fabric. All that beautiful fabric made us leave some of our dollars there to make the Hop successful for the shops.

We only got lost a few times and being women we stoped and asked for directions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home